- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Dolcetto
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Cement - Other, Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 9 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Aur-oura is a red wine obtained from dolcetto grapes hand-picked in Gaggero vineyard – plantation year between 1970 and 1996 – with apx 50 q. per ha yield. It is vinified in stainless steel tanks, using native yeasts only and extended maceration. Aging is done for 11 months at least, mostly in concrete tanks. In the local dialect of 19th century, Aur-oura means "just now".
We are a boutique, strictly natural winery located in Carpeneto (Al), amidst the Alto Monferrato hills. Wine production is focused on Piedmont-native grapes (dolcetto, barbera, cortese, nebbiolo, albarossa). We are member of VinNatur, FIVI and Consorzio di Tutela dell’Ovada docg.
More from Rocco di Carpeneto