- Appellation: Vin de Table
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Dolcetto
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Cement - Other, Stainless Steel
- Low sulphite.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 8 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Aur-oura is a red wine voluntarily declassified, exclusively obtained from dolcetto grapes hand-picked in Gaggero and Vicario vineyards — plantation year between 1970 and 1996 — with 50-60 q. per ha average yield. Spontaneous fermentation — wild yeast only — is done in stainless steel tanks with extended maceration. Aging is mostly done — for 11/12 months — in concrete tanks.
In the local dialect of 19th century, Aur-oura means “just now”.
We are a boutique, strictly natural winery located in Carpeneto (Al), amidst the Alto Monferrato hills. Wine production is focused on Piedmont-native grapes (dolcetto, barbera, cortese, nebbiolo, albarossa, freisa). We are member of VinNatur and FIVI.
More from Rocco di Carpeneto