- Appellation: Conca de Barberà
- Region: Catalonia
- Country: Spain
- Colour: White
- Grape Varieties: Macabeu
- Soil type: Alluvial, Clay, Gravel, Limestone, Sandstone
- Vessel type: Clay Pot - Tinaja, Wood - Other (e.g. acacia, cherry etc.), Other
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- Total Sulphites: 15 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Old vines of MACABEU located between 550 to 750 musl . It is made the wine mono-variety , we bottling separtely. Prefermentative cold maceration to prevent oxidation and preserve the primary aromas; subsequent stripping of fruit with manual selection of scratch on the table from grain to grain selection. Maceration of whole berry after 2 days later pressing. The fermentation time is between 3 to 4 weeks with temperature control throughout the process. Spontaneous malolactic fermentation is done. Aging in barrels & Demi Muids (ofseveral uses) for many months.,Elements of consistency of this wine are the expression of the variety, the old vines and ground limestone and freshness that gives the mountain vineyards.
Costador Terroirs & Metamporphika are single vineyard. We produce organic wines from old mountain vineyards. We work with more than 20 grapes varieties in Conca Barbera , Priorat & Tarragona. We make artisanal wines fermented and aged in amphorae and also elaborate Ancestral Wines ” PetNats”.
More from Costador Mediterrani Terroirs