- Appellation: Vancouver Island
- Region: British Columbia
- Country: Canada
- Colour: Orange
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Gris
- Soil type: Clay, Gravel, Loam, Sand
- Vessel type: Wood - Old oak, Wood - Other (e.g. acacia, cherry etc.), Stainless Steel
- No added sulphites.
Notes on additives, aids & processing used:
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:We farm 3 small vineyards in the same 5 m. area, and the soil varies. The soil is defined by glaciation in the area, and we farm almost exclusively above the clay zone, which demarcates the ancient seashore (last Ice Age), apart from 1 acre that would have been in geological time underwater and requires some irrigation in the shoot growth period for the plants to put on carbs.
British Columbia, Canada
Artisanal producers of raw and natural wines from Vancouver Island, British Columbia. No pesticides, herbicides, fungicide, chemical fertilizers. No till and livestock integrated. Obsessed with farming and clean, transparent wines that taste like this place. No filtering, fining, sulfites in the winemaking process. Native ferments. We focus on micro-lots and are pioneering world-class winemaking on our “wild west” island. Vancouver Island: raw and unfiltered. Tasting room. Direct to consumer sales only. Allocation list.
More from Parsell Vineyard