About Weingut Besson-Strasser
We are a 7 ha family winery located in Zürich/Schaffhausen in the north of Switzerland, near the river Rhine and the Rhine Falls. We started with bio-dynamic in 2004 and consider that quality is achieved firstly in the vineyards by an attentive cultivation. The main varieties are Räuschling, an indigenous white grape, Pinot Noir and Zweigelt (first in Switzerland since 1995). The grapes are harvested by hand and fermentation is done with indigenous yeast in oak barrels, amphores or steel.
Our wines have character which comes from their origin, their soil and their microclima who are unique. Wine growing is an integral decision for us in which we put all our heart. This means for us sowing with divers seed on the soil to have a richness in species in the vineyards. Composting, homeopathic plant protection as well as following the ideas of Rudolf Steiner are for us the only methods to deliver a healthy soil and a rich biodiversity to the next generation and to obtain a true wine.
- Certified Organic by Bio-inspecta
- Certified Biodynamic by Biodyvin & Demeter
- Certified Organic
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 7 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 7 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 40'000 (btl)