About WASSMANN PINCE BT
Our south-facing vineyards lie within the boundaries of Siklós in the Villány wine-region, the southernmost Hungarian wine-growing area and the most significant one to produce red wine in the country.
The cellar is situated in Pécsdevecser, a small village about 15 km north of Villány itself. We founded our wine-estate in 2002 and have been running it together since then. (We = Ralf Waßmann, who studied beverage sciences in Geisenheim (Germany) and Susann Hanauer, who was a lawyer).
Our vineyards cover two hectares, planted with Olaszriszling (Welschriesling in German) and Chardonnay for white wine and Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Kékfrankos (Lemberger or Blaufränkisch in German), Portugieser and Merlot for red. All our wines have Hungarian certification that guarantees origin and quality: ‘Districtus Hungaricus Controllatus Villány’ (DHC Villány).
In 2003 our business became the first one in Villány to be recognised as organic wine growers, according to the EU guidelines for ecological agriculture.
We have had DEMETER certification since 2011.
- Certified Organic by HU-ÖKO-01 (since 2002, 116632219)
- Certified Organic by Demeter International (since 2011, 28190)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 2 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 2 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 7000 per year (btl)