About Weingut Tauss
Our winery is in the south of Styria in Austria. We manage 6 hectares of vineyard area. I see my craft as a winemaker in the perception of nature and in the respectful treatment of the mineral, plant, animal and water world. Out of this power come forth wines containing all that is naturally provided for them. My intervention is to accompany the wines in their becoming and to strengthen their independence. Our natural wine is the creative expression of man and nature.
- Certified Biodynamic by Demeter (2010)
- Certified Biodynamic by ABG Austria AT-BIO-302 (2010)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 14,5 ha (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 5,8 ha (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 18 000 Bottles (btl)