About Weingut Edgar Brutler
Weingut Edgar Brutler is a family winery in the village of Beltiug in Transylvania / Romania. The winery was founded in 2018, but we have been practicing viticulture for generations in this place.
Around the village we cultivate 4 hectares of vineyards and that exclusively organic. The grapes are processed into wine in a vaulted cellar which is traditional in Beltiug. It drills over 60 meters into the loam hills of the village.
We call our style “old-school-avantgarde”. The grapes come mainly from old vineyards and are transformed by traditional methods to wine.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 4 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 4 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 10.000 (btl)