About Weingut Benzinger
Our winery is a family winery, locatet in the north of palatine. We are organic certified and member of ECOVIN.Our producing area is 13 ha.
We produce white and red wines from different kinds of grapes.
All our natural wines are spontaneously fermented and got no additives. Mainly no sulphor.
They are hand harvested and not filtered.
We have been practicing organic wine making now for more than 10 yars. To make this approach visible to our customers, we have joined the Federal Asociation for Ecological Viticulture e.V. ECOVIN. Since 2015 we have been undergoing the certification process to receive the organic winegrower title BIO-Weingut. All grapes harvested as of 2018 will be awarded the German logo BIO-Siegel and V-Label.eu, vegan.
- Certified Organic by ECOVIN (2018, DE-ÖKO-022)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 13 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 13 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 60000 (btl)