About Valentina Passalacqua
“I started making wine 10 years ago … a love that comes from the sky and the light of my land.
I make wine as a mother of two daughters to give back to them that sea of colors that my land gives me … I make wine to give light, to my family, to the men and women who work for me … I make wine humanizing every day through the light.
A supremacy of absolute light, blinding, a unique inclination of light that facilitates the maturation and draws the longilinear profile of my wines, preserving the aromatic and human complexity.
I cultivate 80 hectares of vineyards from traditional varieties on the Gargano to the north of Puglia and on a calcareous white stone land of Kimmeridgiana origin that uniquely characterizes the sharp and salty expression of my wines.
I vinify all the grapes according to the natural method in search of a production minimalism that enhances the Mediterranean vocation of the climate combined with the millennial history of my places.
I make natural wine above all to sit down at the table with the people I love, drink my wines, enjoy the harmony with food and excite me … “.
- Certified Organic by Suolo e Salute (13/05/2010, 16-07306)
- Certified Biodynamic by Agribiodinamica (12/08/2017, 246/17)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 65 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 65 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 160000 (btl)