Terraquilia is a 55.000 bottles producing winery, located in the Apennines mountains between Modena and Bologna, Emilia-Romagna region.
The vineyards are as high as 500 meters above sea level, that means aromas intensity and lively acidity.
We are focused on fizzy and sparkling wines both produced owing to the ancient Ancestrale Method, without any must or yeast addition.
The resulting wines are bone dry, perhaps a little bit austere, but very rich in structure and flavours.
The main grape varieties are Grechetto Gentile and Trebbiano for whites, Sangiovese for rosè, while Lambrusco Grasparossa is the leading grape for Lambruscos .
Our production range encompasses still wines as well, mainly from the native grape Malbo Gentile.
All our wines are not filtered, the free level of SO2 is under 35 mg/l, the whole production is organic certified ( as well as vegan ).
- Certified Organic by ICEA (16/02/2016, H2929)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 10 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 7,5 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 55000 (btl)