Our company name contains the date of the first written notation of the village of Strekov. This is a symbolic expression of our loyalty to tradition, nature and values in grape growing and Strekov’s wine making. We cultivate 12 hectares of our vineyards in an ecologically responsible manner. 5 ha of the vineyards are planted on wooden poles. Indigenous grape varietals, e.g. Rizling vlašský, Veltlínske zelené, Modrý Portugal, Frankovka modrá and Svätovavrinecké are preferred in our vineyards. All the work in our vineyards is done by hand. In the cellar, the wines ferment spontaneously in barrels and open vats without any intervention. All wines from vintages 2017 and 2018 are without added sulphite.
- Certified Organic by Naturalis (2016)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 21 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 12 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 45000 (btl)