About Società Agricola il Sasso
Our domain is located on the hills above Verona, in the heart of Valpolicella region. The entire vineyard is organically grown, and lot has been done to enhance biodiversity and soil vigour. Constant green manures and re-planting of wild species all around the vines has helped recreating a deeply vital and fertile environment. Our wine, “il Valpolicella” is a new concept of Valpolicella wine, not because something new has been added but, instead, we took away and simplified a lot. We went cleaning up and digging in to the enological techniques in order to go back to the roots. This wine is our will to interpret and express to its full potential a territory, a vineyard and an excellent and peculiar grape blend.
- Certified Organic by ICEA (2012, IT BIO 006 E1967)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 10 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 10 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 5000 (btl)