About Quinta da Boavista
JOÃO TAVARES DE PINA is located at Dao, 500m, granitic and clay shale soil. Cover crop with autochthonous chamomile, Lavandula in the top of lines, promoting natural fight avoiding the chemicals. Recovering lost grape varieties, manual harvest, low yield and blending in vines for spontaneous coo fermentations, low sulphur and no more chemicals in cellar.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 40 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 13 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 30.000 (btl)