About Old World Winery
Old World Winery is a small, family owned winery and farm. Organic, Biodynamic, Dry Farmed, Hand Picked, Foot Stomped, and All Natural, it is true to its name. For 20 years proprietor and fourth generation winemaker Darek Trowbridge has chosen to use the traditional practices learned from his Grandfather Lino Martinelli, to produce chemical free, delicious wines. Darek’s passion is inviting nature into his winemaking using 120 year old field blends, rare varietals and only the native yeasts found on the grapes themselves for fermentation. Winemaking and farming can be a sacred ritual. It’s about purity and transparency in fruit and form. That is Old World Winery’s guiding principle.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 8 acres (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 5 acres (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 24,000 (btl)