Meinklang is a lively farm compromising the three typical fields of a Pannonian farmstead in East Austria south of capital town Vienna: wine-growing, fruits and agriculture. Each family-member is specialized in an aspect of farming. Unique is the estate owns Angus & Aubrac cattle herd. It`s the farms source for our own nutritious, organic fertilizer for lively soils in the vineyards and creates the closed circle in the biodynamic Demeter farming. Outstanding issues are the totally unpruned vines, called Graupert and the extended maturation in concrete egg-shaped containers. As well as the family initiated the first holistic Demeter brewery where we refine the ancient grain beer out of the old varieties called Einkorn and Emmer wheat.
- Certified Organic by Demeter (29.03.2017, 13315)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 2000 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 73 (ha)
- Not all grapes are dry-farmed. Some are irrigated.
Just new planted vineyards and vineyards which are suffering due to dry stress in rare extrem vintages
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 650.000 (btl)