About Mas des Agrunelles
Located 20 km to the northwest of Montpellier in the communes of Argelliers and La Boissiere, at an average altitude of 200 m, influenced by a cold wind coming from the Cevennes via St Martin de Londres, where both Mistral and Tramontane reach that blowing point. These become, in my opinion, advantages when it is a question of producing low yield high-class wines. The absence of drought which would cause to homogenize the temperature, causes enormous thermal amplitudes (it is not rare that in August one raises 7 or 8 CÂ° degrees with the rising of the sun) allowing to reach, with the condition of controlling the outputs, phenolic maturity while preserving a total acidity and an astonishing pH for the area. This, associated with an adapted vine growing and some stone limestone grounds, convinced me to invest here rather than on a soil already recognized.
- Certified Organic by Ecocert (2007, 34/64597/539475)
- Certified Biodynamic by Biodyvin (2017, 2017/139)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 24 ha (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 24 ha (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 60 000 (btl)