About Magula Family Winery
Our family is passionately creating natural wines exclusively from our own, organically grown grapes of Slovak ingenious varieties. Our winegrowing journey started in 2007, when we re-planted an old vineyard that was returned to our family. Since 2016 we farm biodynamically.
Our domain is located in a charismatic place under the sun, on a site of former monastery, in the shade of old chestnut trees. We care deeply about the nature and the environment in which we exist, trying to live in harmony with it. We are growing also chestnuts and various fruits and are just about to start keeping bees and breed farm animals to bring more life and balance to our estate.
In the cellar we strive to act merely as guides; our wines are left to mature at their own pace and according to their unique character, reflecting varietal, vintage, and terroir specifics. As a result, we hope to find harmony and elegance in the bottle. Our wines, mainly of red varieties, are intense, yet subtle and gentle, with crisp and charming character of northern terroirs.
- Certified Organic by Biokont CZ (www.biokont.sk) (2015, SK-BIO-003)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 12 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 9 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 15000 (btl)