Meet them at...
About Lichtenberger González
We’re at home in Breitenbrunn, Austria: a little place situated between the Leithaberg hills and Lake Neusiedl. In the back of beyond yet in the heart of Pannonia. The area offers everything that’s important for us as winemakers: very old vineyards, winemaking traditions that have evolved gradually over time, cool woods and a lake that regulates the hot temperatures from the east. Pure limestone to pure slate soils and an area in between where the two soil types exist together in every imaginable combination. This gives us plenty of leeway to work with what we’ve got and make the most of it.
- Certified Organic by Austria Bio Garantie (, 163490)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 8,5 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 8,5 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 35000 (btl)