About Vignoble Les Pervenches
The vineyard was created in 1991 with the first vines of white seyval, followed in 1992 by the Chardonnay plants imported from France. Acquired by the present owners in the spring of 2000, the vineyard is today mostly composed of Chardonnay, Seyval Blanc, Marshal Foch, Frontenac and Zweigelt on more than 3 hectares. The owners follow the principles of organic and biodynamic farming since 2005.
The vineyard is located on a sandy soil with good natural drainage. To the north and west is a large maple woodland that protects the vineyard from the strong westerly winds while creating a very hot micro climate perfect for Chardonnay. The slope is light towards the southeast, which helps a good sunshine and drainage of cold air during freezing nights. You can also enjoy a magnificent view of the beginning of the Appalachian Mountains (Sutton, Jay Peak, etc.).
- Certified Biodynamic by Demeter Canada (2017)
- Certified Organic by Ecocert (3-08-2017, CA-92963-Z-71215-2017)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 7 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 4 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- Average production of wine: 17000 (btl)