About Les Clos Perdus
Founded in 2003, Les Clos Perdus is a small winery based in the village of Peyriac de Mer in the Corbières.
The name ‘Les Clos Perdus’ reflects the discovery of isolated old vine parcels ‘lost’ in the Haute Corbières and Vallée de l’Agly. Many of these small vineyards had been disregarded because of their low cropping potential and inability to be machine worked.
Today, Paul Old and Ben Adams work 16ha divided into 35 small parcels, spread across three differing areas; Corbières maritime, Haute Corbières and Vallée de l’Agly. The aim has been to select particular varietals on particular soil types, and then to guide these vineyards towards a balance and health that can be sustained with low intervention. Organic viticulture, biodynamic principles and the structure of the lunar calendar are intrinsic.
Healthy and vibrant fruit is hand picked and sorted. Wild yeast fermentations, careful extractions and extended elevage with minimal interference, allows for the making of unique wines that express their place of origin.
- Certified Organic by Ecocert (2007, 834/2007)
- Certified Biodynamic by Demeter (2011)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 20 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 16 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 36000 (btl)