About Le Clos des Jarres
Le Clos des Jarres was created in 2010 by Vivien Hemelsdael, It is a 12 hectare domain specializing in Organic Viticulture, spread across the communes of Laure and Caunes Minervois, in the foothills of the Black Mountains.
- Certified Organic by Ecocert (2013)
- Certified Biodynamic by Demeter (2016)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 13 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 13 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 35000 (btl)