About La Garagista Farm & Winery
La garagista resides at Domaine de la Foret on Mount Hunger at the edge of the Chateauguay and in the Champlain Valley of Vermont where we grow alpine wine and ciders. Our land has been part of small homestead farming for over two hundred years. On the farm and in our vineyards we attend to the care and observation of our native terroir, a whole-farm and diverse agriculture where we are not only growing wine, but also vegetables, fruits, flowers, and herbs for ourselves and our pop-up tavernetta Hart and supper club Boite. The work we do at the farm and winery, both in the field and in the cellar, is guided by organic, permaculture, and biodynamic thought. We try to let all elements of the farm speak for themselves accompanied by our stewardship.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 6 hectares (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 4 hectares (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 750 bottles (btl)