About Il Maiolo
We produce wines from barbera, bonarda, cabernet sauvignon and merlot. Our alcoholic fermentation takes place in steel tanks and we macerate our wines on their skins for a month after which we transfer them into 30 HL wooden barrels in the spring where they stay for a year.
- Certified Organic by ICEA Emilia Romagna (1996)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 30 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 9 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 25000 (btl)