Meet them at...
About Il Maiolo
We produce wines from barbera, bonarda, cabernet sauvignon and merlot. Our alcoholic fermentation takes place in steel tanks and we macerate our wines on their skins for a month after which we transfer them into 30 HL wooden barrels in the spring where they stay for a year.
- Certified Organic by ICEA Emilia Romagna (1996)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 30 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 9 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 25000 (btl)