About I Nove Filari
I Nove Filari is a natural winery in the heart of Maremma Toscana in Italy. The vineyard lies on a hill side on a soil mainly composed of clay and limestone, with southwest orientation.
We pursue viticulture without the use of synthetic substances, seeking to strengthen the natural resistance of plants, following principles of bio dynamic and permaculture.
We like to experiment in order to achieve the best expression of natural wine. The fermentation of the grapes takes place in a completely natural and spontaneous way. In addition to traditional methods, the aging process takes place in spherical amphorae to help a more natural wine evolution. We make both red and white wines, our main variety grapes are Sangiovese, Syrah, Vermentino and Trebbiano Malvasia.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 3 ha (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 1,5 ha (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 4000 (btl)