About Hummel Pincészet - Weingut Hummel
“Viticulture is the art of doing nothing in the right moment and this as often as possible.” Horst Hummel
Founded in 1998 in Villány (southwest Hungary) by Horst Hummel who’s great grandfather had been winegrower in Vojvodina until 1945. It is the aim of the winery to express the fine and elegant aspects of the outstanding Villányi terroir. Viticulture and vinification follow principals of low intervention. Therefore viticulture is biological since 2008. From 2015 biodynamical preparations get used. Fermentation is spontanious. The use of sulfite is minimal as well as fining and filtration.
- Certified Organic by Hungária Öko Garancia HU-Öko-02 (27.08.2009, 0461-2017)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 7.5 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 7.5 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 30000 (btl)