About Le Grain De Sénéve
The vineyard work is fully autonomous: just Hervé and his horse; and then his neighbours join for the pressing. This is possible when the vineyard is just two hectares. His two main cuvées are Roue Libre and 500m: from parcels on either side of his house. 500m is fruit from the higher altitude vineyard
As standard, Hervé does not destem, elevage is in concrete, no fining, filtration or added sulphites. He unusually uses only natural CO2 in his tanks – it is quite standard procedure among even natural winemakers in Beaujolais to add CO2 to their tanks to speed up the fermentation
- Certified Organic by Ecocert (2007)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 15 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 3.5 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 12000 (btl)