About Domaine Frederic Brouca
Self rooted in Faugères, Frédéric produced his first wine in 2013. Dedicated to work with old vines deeply rooted in schist, he likes to stimulate a living ecosystem full of native grass and flowers — and surrounded by live oaks and garrigue. Self taught, Frédéric has an instinctive and minimalist approach to winemaking, with early pick to retain acidity and lots of whole cluster fermentation. All of the wines are unfined and unfiltered.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 17 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 14 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 40000 (btl)