About Domaine Matthieu Dumarcher
After being oenologist (the dark side of the wine) and vine consultant, Matthieu Dumarcher created the estate in 2006. He wants here to handmake different wines which are reflecting the year, the terroir and Matthieu’s personality. The whole estate is run according organic principles. Matthieu objective is to “produce wine with grapes only”. He only uses indigenous yeast and add a little amount of sulphur only at bottling.
Nowadays, Matthieux owns 5ha of vines and produces between 15 000 and 20 000 bottles per year.
- Certified Organic by Ecocert (2006)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 6 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 4.98 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 18000 (btl)