About Domaine de la Borde
Julien is one of those who think that wine is made primarily in the vineyard …
The estate is made up of 5ha of vines aged from 7 to 77 years old on the marly valleys of Pupillin.
The Ploussard, Trousseau, Pinot noir, Chardonnay and Savagnin grape varieties are expressed through different plots whose soils and exposure make them typical, thus producing local wines on a family scale.
The harvest is manual in order to start vinification from quality sorted grapes.
Respect for the terroir is reflected in essential principles such as contact treatments, without synthetic molecules (& biodynamic preparations), natural grassing and soil work (labors, ridging, scratching …) and no weeding chemical, in order to preserve steeply sloping terroirs, control of doses of So2 to applied to all the vines.
- Certified Organic by Ecocert (2012)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 6 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 6 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 20000 (btl)