Corvagialla was founded in 2007 around a small house surrounded by four hectares of land, in an enchanted place overlooking the “Calanchi dell’alta tuscia”.
The name comes from the ancient denomination of the land and we decided to maintain it even if the origin is now obscure.We started with the plantation of 300 olive trees of Frantoio and Leccino varieties. Then vegetable garden, fruit trees, chickens, geese, goats and donkeys, all in company of dogs and cats.
The grandfathers winery between Rhine and Moselle was our inspiration when first planting the vineyard in 2010.
As for the Olives trees we chose varieties of the areas, Sangiovese, Ciliegiolo for the reds and Grechetto d’Umbria, Trebbiano and Vermentino for the whites.
The chosen training system is Simple Guyot.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 4 ha (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 2 ha (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 10 000 (btl)