About Château La Baronne
The history of the the Ligneres family is one of doctors with wine in their veins ! Andre, a general practitionner and Suzette, a pharmacist, have been followed by their children. Jean, who is also the village Doctor in Moux like his father, his wife Anne, are now managing the estate.
- Certified Organic by Ecocert (FR-BIO 01) (2007, FR-BIO 01)
- Certified Biodynamic by Demeter (2014)
- Certified Organic by Delinat (Switzerland)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 120 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 90 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 250000 (btl)