About Castello di Stefanago
The wine-growing and wine-producing company Castello di Stefanago, is located on Oltrepo Pavese hills, in Lombardy, about 500 meters above sea level. Antonio and Giacomo Baruffaldi have long chosen organic cultivation: a discreet and accurate work in the vineyard and in the cellar; the respect of the natural rhythms and the research of the ancient methods of winemaking, are the ingredients which charachterize and give personality to wines which “speak” of the territories whence they were born.
- Certified Organic by Bios (1/1/1998, ITbio005v058009)
- Certified by IT BIO
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 135 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 20 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 45.000 (btl)