About Birgit Braunstein
Birgit Braunstein is a passionate vintner. She creates great wines of outstanding ripeness, structure and mineral expression. Her impressive know-how and dedication brought her the title “Vintner of the Year 2005 (Gourmedia 2004/2005)”. Her wines have gained recognition far beyond the borders of Austria. Every wine carries the vintner’s inimitable signature.
Birgit Braunstein unites the passion for her occupation with her love of nature by creating extraordinary organic wines that express their terroir.
Birgit Braunstein has character, just like her wines. She is inquisitive and is always searching for new and better ways of doing things. She is modest and has a tremendous awe for the power and greatness of nature.
- Certified Biodynamic by Austria Bio Control (10/2020)
- Certified Biodynamic by Demeter
- Certified Biodynamic by La Renaissance des Appellations
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 22 ha (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 20 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 80 000 (btl)