About Baia's wine
Baia Abuladze is a young woman, who together with her sister Gvanca Abuladze and their family in Obcha, Imereti in the west of Georgia, are bringing new life and energy to a region with a storied history. Baia’s and Gvanca’s wines all center around indigenous grapes varieties to Imereti. She produces her wines in the traditional method in qvevri, large earthen clay jars buried under the ground.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 5 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 3 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 5000 (btl)