Meet them at...
About Ausonia Azienda Agricola
Ausonia is a winery in the Abruzzo region of Italy at 270 m on the sea level on the hill and 20 km far from the Adriatic sea . The wines are produced entirely from grapes grown in our vineyard respecting the nature. The vineyards are all native varieties: 3 hectares of Pecorino, 5.5 hectares of Montepulciano d’Abruzzo and 3 hectars of Trebbiano vineyards.
Ausonia is the name of a butterfly that fly in the farm as well as the names of the wines (APOLLO, NOSTRADAMUS, MACHAON) . We try to take care of the soil practicing biodynamic agriculture that reflect high quality of the grapes, we harvest by hand and make spontaneous fermentations adding low quantities of sulfits.
- Certified Organic by Suolo e Salute (2016, Suolo e Salute n°13-01710-0001 )
- Certified Biodynamic by Demeter (2016, nr 859)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 20 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 12 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 35000 (btl)