About Alexander’s Wine Cellar
Alexander’s Vineyard is located in historically known place in the best micro zone of Ikalto and Ruispiri (Kakheti Region, Georgia).
Alexander decided to return to his ancestors’ business – wine making and took approximately 1.5 H of vineyard and started to farm domain organically.
Alexander’s Wine Cellar produces amber colored dry natural family wines.
The wines are produced in Qvevri by using traditional old methods and technologies.
The wines are made from the ancient endemic varietals as are Rkatsiteli, Kakhetien Mtsvane, Saperavi, Ikalto’s red.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 1.6H (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 1.5 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: About 2000 bottles (btl)