About Akhmeta Wine House
AKHMETA WINE HOUSE is a small family owned vineyard established in 2014. Set at the junction of three rivers, Ilto, Alazani and Orvili, our vineyard is blessed with dry, sunny weather in the Akhmeta region which, with the warm days and cool nights, provides ideal growing conditions for organic grapes.
In 2016 new vineyard has been planted at the terroir of Alaverdi Monastery, where premium Georgian grapes, Saperavi, Khikhvi, Kisi and Kakhuri Mtsvivani growing into the healthy soils.
We bottle wine unfiltered. We work meticulously to preserve the delicate aromas and flavours in turning our precious grapes into exceptional organic wine that reflects the microcosm of life in and around our land.
- Certified Organic by Caucascert (23 November 2019, 2019)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 7 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 5.6 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 5000 (btl)