About Azienda Agricola Salvatore Marino
My farm’s project started in 2017, with research, passion and commitment. And, more important, with love for the vineyard, the traditions, and respect for the soil and its natural balance.
The history involving five generations of people connected to viticulture and winemaking started in Pachino, a place with ancient, millenary culture about vine growing.
WINE AFFECTS MY LIFE
The vineyard consists of bush vines, and the nature of the soil makes it perfect for natural vine growing and winemaking.
I respect bio-diversity, and lunar calendar helps me choosing the right time for the works in the vineyard, all done by hand.
HOE AND SCISSORS are the tools I use most.
Mature organic manure and green manuring are the only form of fertilisation utilised.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 5.5 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 1.5 of 5.5 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 10.000 (btl)