About Weinbau Michael Wenzel
Rust. Lake Neusiedl. Burgenland. 12 generations of winegrowing. Tradition plays its part, evolution and the will to experiment figure even more. The vineyards are cultivated by hand. Individual. Ecological. Without manipulations. In continuous quest of the metaphysics of terroir and the substance of their grapes: Furmint, Sauvignon blanc, Pinot gris, BlaufrÃ¤nkisch and Pinot noir.
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 10 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 10 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 40.000 (btl)