We are two sisters, Susanne and Stefanie, standing at the beginning of our journey towards natural winemaking. Our parents have been running the family winery since 1988 and they are now passing it step by step on to us. 2015 was our first vintage for red and white wines – so rennersistas was born.
At this stage we are farming 12 hectares in the surroundings of our hometown, Gols, located in Austria, Burgenland. All our vineyards and wines are certified biodynamic and they’re worked with lots of intensive manual care. We appreciate what nature, healthy soils and vines give to us and we try to be as gentle as possible during the winemaking process.
We are focused on making honest wines and we hope to express ourselves in them.
- Certified Organic by Lacon
- Certified Biodynamic by Demeter (2018)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 12 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 12 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 60.000 (btl)