About Recaredo & Celler Credo
Three generations of the Recaredo family (1924) keeping the essence of purity and natural farming. Two projects to show here at Raw. Recaredo and Celler Credo.
At Recaredo we produce long-ageing ( from 3 to more than 14 years on the lees) non-dosé and only vintage sparklings wines. All Biodynamic Estate grown fruit from our vineyards in Alt Penedes. Using only historic-local grapes Xarel.lo, Macabeu, Parellada, Monastrell and Garnatxa. We only age our sparkling wines with natural cork, riddling and desgorging the entire production all by hand, the latter without freezing the neck of the bottle.
Celler Credo is our still white wine project, producing only single-vineyards and mono-varietals wines only with xarel.lo , Parellada and Macabeu. Vineyards at 600+ meters down to 200m from in Alt Penedes Region and some of its subzones. The wines are produced following traditional style with some stems and skin contact, spontaneous fermentation and sometimes using old traditional clay vessels.
- Certified Organic by CCPAE (2004, DAMG180091)
- Certified Biodynamic by Demeter (2004, 28086)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 85 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 65 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 250.000 (btl)