About Johannes Zillinger
Being organic or bio-dynamic is not a trend, it’s a lifestyle and my family have been living it for over 35 years. Avoiding all sorts of chemistry is our philosophy. Regarding the environment, natural water, nutrition and particularly in terms of wine. A healthy soil is the key to remarkable and exciting wines. Especially if no boundaries are being set for the development of wines in our cellar.
“The most beautiful pictures are painted by nature, with minimalistic winemaking in the cellar I frame those artworks…”
- Certified Organic by DEMETER // BIOS-Kontrollservice Österreich (09.10.2018, BIOS-00462-B)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 24 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 20 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 100000 (btl)