About Domaine des 2 Anes
The vineyard rise up to an altitude of 120 meters on slopes overlooking the salt lakes (etangs). They are situated between the sea and the Mediterranean scrub of the Fontfroide hills. This environment together with organic farming gives the grapes a natural flavour of this terroir. The deepness of the soil allows the vines to be well rooted and resistant to drought. The soil is of a red Mediterranean type, scattered with limestone.
- Certified Organic by Ecocert and Demeter (2005, 11/11038/775486)
This grower-maker grows all their own grapes.
- Size of their farm: 70 (ha)
- Size of farm under vine: 22 (ha)
- All grapes are dry-farmed. None of this grower’s vineyards are irrigated.
- All grapes are harvested manually.
- Average production of wine: 90000 (btl)